Re: TR6 rear trailing arm needed

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Anthony Gordon" <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Subject: Re: TR6 rear trailing arm needed
From: "Lonn Howard" <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 07:14:08 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Did the flat metal base that the rubber is attached to break off?  If
not, get on it with a big pair of vise-grips and use a propane torch to
heat the mounting.

If it did break off and you are left with the stud in the hole, get an
angle grinder and Dremel and remove some of the mounting surface until
you can get your vise-grip on the stud. Heat things up with a torch.
After the stud is out, surface the mount and use big washers to get the
bump stop back up to the right height.  What can you loose by trying?

Lonn Howard
'70 TR6  -mine
'71 TR6  -in my garage
'70 MGB GT  -ours
'89 Saab Turbo Convertible  -hers

"We are but temporary custodians with an obligation of preservation."