RE: J.C.Whitney - Automotive Parts (http://www.jcwhitney.com/shoponline/

To: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: J.C.Whitney - Automotive Parts (http://www.jcwhitney.com/shoponline/)
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 18:06:14 -0700
'Tis snake oil, alas.

There is _some_ scientific basis to the electrolytic anti-corrosion thing,
it _is_ actually used by ocean liners, etc.  Unfortunately, for it to work,
there needs to be a complete circuit that includes the metal to be
protected.  Fairly easy for a boat hull immersed in salt water, but not so
easy for a car (unless you are planning to store your TR6 in a large salt
water aquarium) <g>

However, the "Paint sealant" will probably keep your paint from rusting, as
long as you reapply it every year like it says.  (Of course, so will almost
any modern car wax, and most sell for a lot less than $7/2oz ~= $450/gallon
!)

Randall