RE: TR3A restoration

To: Jeff williamson <Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A restoration
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 20:24:20 -0400
Message text written by INTERNET:triumphs-owner@autox.team.net
From: Jeff A Williamson <Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com>
Subject: RE: A few TR3A Restoration Questions

>Thanks to those who replied, but I think I my question may have been
>misunderstood.
>I'm not trying to establish my selling price at this point, I'm only trying to
>estimate the car's worth when I'm finished, because I don't want to spend more
>than it's worth for the restoration.(I've been down that road before
>unfortunately).
<

I think the point is that it will be worth LESS than you spent no matter
what you spend.  Certainly you can REALLY lose money by doing an A-1
job of a maximum restoration.  But as soon as you start to cut corners,
the value will drop from the "fully restored" condition.  You
will recoup a greater proportion of your expenditure, but I doubt you would
make back 100% of your expenditure.

If you want to have the fun of the restoration and not lose any cash,
sell the car, then volunteer to do the restoration at cost!

-Tony