Re: TR4A Wiper Wiring Question

To: Alvamike@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4A Wiper Wiring Question
From: Cliff Hansen <chansen@access1.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 20:50:49 -0400
Hi Mike,

When I took my working system apart, here's how it was wired at
the switch.  On the back of the wiper switch are four posts, shown
in ASCII art with key to wire colors:

  -A    -B
        -C
        -D

Key:
A - black wire
B - brown/green wire
C - not used
D - large red/green wire

I don't have a TR4A specific wiring diagram, so I can't identify
the function of each wire.  My guess is that the black is ground, the
other two wires connect to wiper motor, the brown/green for low speed
and the fat one for high speed.

At 09:31 PM 4/28/99 EDT, Alvamike@aol.com wrote:

>I have another wiring question on my 4A.  I am reinstalling the switches and
>the wiring diagram does not tell me which number to put what color wiring on
>the back of the W/wiper switch.  I have the 3 wires located.  The switch has
>numbers on the back but the diagram has no numbers.  Does anyone have a
>better diagram or possibly a wiper control out with the wires still attached
>that could look at them and tell me which numbers get what color?????????
>
>Thanks,
>Mike in Morgantown, PA
>
>"Just want to get it running"  (3 years and counting)

Cliff Hansen
chansen@access1.net
1966 TR-4A CTC 64615L