Re: Buying my first TR

To: Jay Snavely <jays@paonline.com>
Subject: Re: Buying my first TR
From: Ernest Husmann <chusmann@execpc.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 21:35:03 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jay:

Can't answer your questions about the number of '6s built with OD's or frame
problems.  I purchased a 1973 TR6 approximately 45 days ago.  After chasing
some initial electrical problems, I have had the opportunity this past weekend
to put some miles on the car (around 100 miles).  The
experience of driving this vehicle was incredible.

My '6 is not perfect; has some minor rust on the frame and one rear fender.
The car also needs some freshing up mechanically.  Overall I feel quite
satisfied with the price I paid ($5000) and the amount of car I got.

I will offer this advice.  Study everything you can read; talk to anyone who
knows about TR's; look carefully and be patient.

If you really want a small good handling roadster, you would go wrong with a '6.

Good Hunting.

Ernie Husmann