RE: A few TR3A Restoration Questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: A few TR3A Restoration Questions
From: Jeff A Williamson <Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 11:39 -0500
Hop-count: 1
Original Message from Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com:
>I've already had 3 people express interest in buying the '60 when
>the restoration is complete, and I haven't even started yet. What would you
>estimate that a fully originally restored (frame-off) '60 TR3A with disk
wheels,
>no overdrive, soft top only, and 40,000 original miles is worth?   $12,000?

Thanks to those who replied, but I think I my question may have been
misunderstood.
I'm not trying to establish my selling price at this point, I'm only trying to
estimate the car's worth when I'm finished, because I don't want to spend more
than it's worth for the restoration.(I've been down that road before
unfortunately).
i.e., I could do the paint and bodywork myself, and do a decent job, or I could
pay
a bodyshop 6 to 10 times more and have a great job without the hassle and time.
But is it
worth it?

Thanks for your input.

BTW, anybody want to buy an Edsel ?!?