Re: Rebuilding a TR3 distributor

To: sanborn@net1plus.com
Subject: Re: Rebuilding a TR3 distributor
From: drew@pixar.com
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 13:56:54 -0700 "RE: Rebuilding a TR3 distributor" (Apr 27, 4:45pm)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Thanks for getting back to me Brian. What's happening on my
car is that I "seem" to be sensing a gradual loss of power
and sometimes there's a miss on acceleration. Also the car
just seems to be running rough. It's hard to explain. I'm going
to replace the coil before I get into the dist. just in case.
The reason I was thinking about the dist. is that I get a
significant amount of play in the cam, enough to open and
close the points. I haven't checked if the play might be
in the cam to advance interface. Thanks for pointing that
out. From the looks of things I think I can pull a couple
of screws out to remove the cam/advance. Then I should be
able to see if the shaft which leads down to the cam wiggles
or not.

Bad luck on your motor mount. I used to have a '69 BMW 2002
and they had this typical problem where the right hand motor
mount would slowly collapse. All kinds of interesting noises
when that started happening.

Drew

--
Drew Rogge