TR6 Cyl Head Color?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Cyl Head Color?
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:31:33 EDT
Hello List,

During my latest visit to address a "71TR6 For Sale" ad, I saw what looked
like a trouble sign in the engine compartment - thought I'd run the question
past the experts!

The cyl head was painted red while the rest of the block was "basic black or
dark gray or dirty some other color".  The owner's records didn't show a
replaced head but she was the 3rd owner so who knows what happened before and
replacing a head isn't by itself cause for concern.  But, I don't recall my
'69 TR6's engine being painted red (it was 20 years ago).....Piggot's and
Krause's books only show beautiful engines in nice engine bays....so what
color should a TR6's engine be and would the authentic cyl head of a TR6 ever
be a different color?

Thx,

Chip - still looking:)