RE: A Few TR3A Restoration Questions (response)

To: "'Jeff A Williamson'" <Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: A Few TR3A Restoration Questions (response)
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 14:19:31 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Jeff - don't set your price before you start.  You may be surprised at how
much you end up putting into it.   I have seen concours level cars go for
15-20,000; but also for the 10-12 range depending on the "need" to sell and
the "urge" to buy.

But in my opinion to set a value at 12k upfront will be a hindrance  as you
go through the rebuild process.  If your costs are running higher than
anticipated, you may begin to cut corners keeping the 12k in mind.  But
because you "make do" on something, the 12k may not be realistic anymore.

Hope this helps.

Carl