Another LBC - Need a new garage now

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Another LBC - Need a new garage now
From: MPRICE@KeystoneSystems.com
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 14:23:24 -0400
List
I am so thrilled I can hardly see straight. This last weekend brought me
something I've wished for since I saw pictures of it the first time - an
MGA. (I know its not a Triumph, but it is a beautiful LBC). Burgandy
with original leather seats, tan top, 60spoke painted wire wheels. It
appears to be a 1500 with some late 1600 grill and brightwork, and an
MGB engine and transmission. Unfortunately, the title was a salvage
title issued by the State of Michigan and I can't find a real commission
number plate. The new VIN from the state is stamped on the right side
door sill. And with the different engine it'll be hard to get the real
skinny on this car's heratige. Tony Gordon in Midland posted information
about this car and I managed to get there with the money first. Tony,
thanks again.

The car runs pretty well - I drove it home. Burns a little oil (to be
expected), needs a complete interior, and I'll have to sort out the
spider web looking wiring job, but all in all pretty sound. Lots of
grease and oil lingering in the ususal nooks and crannies. Body panels
are all clean and rust free except for the rockers which have a few
pinholes. Frame has only surface rust in the areas where the requisite
leaking oil hasn't reached to rustproofed it. Gauges, dash, some of the
interior sheet metal, and the boot are going to require restoration
eventually. It'll be my daily driver until I get my current TR250
project done, and then I can take my time and do a real restoration of
this car.

As part of the deal I ended up with a bunch of MG A and B parts and -
not so surprising - some Triumph GT6 parts. After I sort through
everything I'll let the list know if there is anything that I don't
need, like all the GT6 stuff.

I guess this means I'll have to join the MG list too. Ahh well.
Cheers
Mark (cruisin' with the top down) Price