Re: Electric fuel pump for a TR6

To: steve@obagy.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electric fuel pump for a TR6
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:00:03 EDT
In a message dated 4/27/99 11:15:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time, steve@obagy.com
writes:

> I am about to fit an electric fuel pump (facet) to my 6, and I am
>  wondering if anyone
>  has any advice about the placement of the pump. I have made 2
>  assumptions, it should
>  be a close to the tank as possible and that it should not be inside the
>  car.

Steve,

FWIW, I agree with your assumptions, although Triumph put the high pressure
PI fuel pump in the trunk, just a piece of cardboard away from the passenger
compartment.

I mounted mine behind the left rear wheel, bolted to the side of the spare
wheel well, toward the front of the car, away from the path of any road trash
thrown up by the tire.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://members.aol.com/danmas/