Re: TR4 inner fendor replacement ?

To: keithmcgahan@hotmail.com, walker05@camosun.bc.ca
Subject: Re: TR4 inner fendor replacement ?
From: Tom Jell <thomas.jell@mchp.siemens.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 09:16:46 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, jell@saturny.mch.sni.de

Keith

>It looks I have to replace the inner fendor, what is the easiest way
>to go about this. Is best way to cut them out or this there another
>way that is better. thanks

I replaced both of my front ones. Was quite an amount of work but the result
satisfies very much. I got new inner fendors from the UK and to my great
surprise they really fitted with really minor adjustment.

When you take the old stuff out you need to build somethings to support what
remains of the front part. If you do nothing the front part just drops to the
floor. Also keep your bonnet in reach to check out that the new front matches
in size and you get a parallel fitting.

Tom

  (stolen from Greg Petrolati)

"Life is too short to drive boring cars!"
Thomas Jell                       | '79 Spitfire (running, running, ...)
81730 Muenchen                    | '74 STAG     (running ... after some work)
E-mail: tjell@ibm.net             |              (during the last two years)
                                  | '63 TR 4     (being rebuilt)

WWW: british car                  | http://www.team.net/sol/
     Triumph Home Page            | http://www.team.net/www/triumph/