Re: TR4 inner fendor replacement ?

To: Keith McGahan <keithmcgahan@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: TR4 inner fendor replacement ?
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 17:00:58 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sun, 25 Apr 1999, Keith McGahan wrote:

> It looks I have to replace the inner fendor, what is the easiest way
> to go about this. Is best way to cut them out or this there another
> way that is better. thanks

That depends on the severity of the repair.  It also depends on:

-Front or rear fender?

-complete rust out or some pin holes?

-How many previous repairs?  Were they any good?

-Accident damage?

Wanna see how *I* did it?  Surf to:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/progress1.htm#rear

...that's a rear inner fender.  I didn't take many pictures of the front
inner fender, but if you poke around the web site you should see them
(esp. in the bit about the rocker replacement)

I used a gas welder (oxy-acetylene), a 4x8 sheet of 20ga sheet steel, a
jig saw, angle grinder, air hammer (rarely), and tin snips.

It took a long time.  However, it's simpler than trying to buy new inner
fenders and make them fit.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm