Milford, CT. Auto Jumble

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Milford, CT. Auto Jumble
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 18:50:09 EDT
I just got back from the auto jumble.  The weather was beautiful.  Maybe many
decided to do yard work instead, and that is why the turnout was light.
That's unfortunate, because there were a lot of bargains at the swap,
probably intensified by the light turnout.  With the variety of product on
hand, most participants seemed to be carrying something when they left.  I
also brought items to sell, and ended up selling a decent amount of it.  I
still have several items and will probably make up a list and post it
sometime.

For me the highlight of the swap were the cars that showed up, talking to
other Triumph owners, and the chance to see what Bob is working on for
customers in his shop.

Some of the cars that arrived were: a beautiful blue MGA, a red Austin 100-4
or 100-6, several Spits, a half dozen or so beautifully restored TR-6s of
which one was super-charged,  an MGT  D?, and a Lotus Europa.  I may have
missed a few others that came and went as the day rolled by.

There was no shortage of conversation concerning LBCs.  Every topic under the
sun was in the air.  I also had a chance to meet a few of you listers, it was
great!

Inside Bob's shop were several TR6s in various stages of restoration and/or
repair.  One of these had a triple weber setup, impressive looking but I was
told that while it had good high end performance the low end suffered
somewhat.  There were two TR3As, one of which was undergoing a total
restoration, the other looked like an original driver in well used but fairly
good shape.  A few GT6s, some complete others apart.  A partially assembled
MGA, and an Austin 3000.  If you ever have the oppertunity to meet Bob,
please do so, he's an extremely nice gentleman and an expert in his field.

All together, it was a nice way to spend the day.  Keep this event in mind
for next year, it's worth the trip.

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A  TS58399