Re: TR6 clutch hydraulics question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 clutch hydraulics question
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 18:22:00 -0700
Richard Bacon wrote:
>Greetings Listers:
>I have rebuilt both the master and the slave clutch cylinders, replaced
>the plastic hydraulic line and bled the system thouroughly (three times)
>with alternate methods.
>I still loose clutch action after 15 minutes of driving.
>Master cylinder was a little pitted internally and the Bentleys cautions
>that any pitting will render the cylinder useless: anybody had
>experience with this problem?
>should I replace both cylinders ? (!!!!!$$$$$).

I think either you're not getting all the air out or you've likely got one
or two bad cylinders.  Look into getting the cylinders re-sleeved with
brass at White Post Restorations before/instead of replacing with new.  Try
the master FIRST, as it's more likely to be worn.  It's my experience that
even new cylinders aren't that great.  The re-sleeve is supposed to be
PERMANENT (or the next best thing, anyway) and in fact comes with a
lifetime guarantee.

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6