Clutch disengagement problem

To: Triumph messages <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch disengagement problem
From: Peter Firla <bombur@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 19:10:39 -0400
I'm stumped again. I have a '74 TR-6. When first starting out, there is
no problem shifting. After the engine/tranny are warm, shifting into
first becomes hard, and into reverse is impossible because of clashing
gears. Obviously the clutch is not completely disengaging when warmed
up. I was due for a clutch when this started so I put in a new one
recently but the problem remains. Does anyone know what the throw should
be of the slave cylinder fork? What else could this heat related problem
be? Thrust washer? Flywheel problem?

Comments appreciated.

Peter Firla