Re: Re-use head studs Q2

To: "John Gillis" <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Subject: Re: Re-use head studs Q2
From: "zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 09:38:58 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
John and the list,

Assuming that you have a situation as this, I would find a machine shop. ( I
know that they are getting harder to find), that will drill and tap the
block for you.  Assuming that the offending studs are either broken off or
refuse to budge using the normal removal practices.  If the stud/bolt is
broken off below the level of the block surface  and you do not have access
to the tools to so it yourself, this is the only viable alternative.  I
personally will not reuse suspect hardware again, My time is more valuable
than the cost of the bolts, and I like doing it right the first time.
Like the old saw, An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Larry Zink
Z Group Racing and Performance
Houston, Texas