Re: TR6 Light switch (2 position)

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Light switch (2 position)
From: "Lonn Howard" <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 07:17:26 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
If you have no headlights then check the switch in the column.  They are
notorious for coming apart, and it isn't always obvious when you first
look at it.  The problem is that the switch has the spring-loaded high
beam flash circuit which you pull back on to activate.  The plastic part
of the switch has little inadequate ears which hold it in place and when
they break the switch comes part just far enough that you no longer have
contact.  Make sure you disconnect the earth on your battery before
diving into this problem.  If this is the problem let me know and I will
tell you how I fixed it.

Lonn Howard
'70 TR6  -mine
'71 TR6  -in my garage
'70 MGB GT  -ours
'89 Saab Turbo Convertible  -hers

"We are but temporary custodians with an obligation of preservation."