TR6 Light switch (2 position)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Light switch (2 position)
From: Brian Ricker <brianr@mvp.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 08:52:31 -0500 (CDT)
Listers,
        Has anyone dissasembled the early style TR6 light switch (the kind
that uses the dimmer switch on the floor). I have no lights whatsoever now
(they worked before I started messing with it except no high beams which
was a bad connection). The switch does not appear to be connecting the hot
lead in either the marker light or headlight position. With the switch in
the headlight position, I get continuity between the marker light lead and
the headlight lead but not between the power lead and either of the leads.
It appears to me that the contact in the switch is not making contact.
Since this style switch is NLA (at least until TRF or somebody starts
reproducing them), I need to fix the one I have or start looking for one
(I would prefer to do the first).

Also, there is a black with green tracer wire that grounds the buzzer with
the key in the ignition and the driver door open, where does this plug
into to make this happen (the back of the ignition switch somewhere?)?

Thanks in advance
Brian

--
Brian Ricker                    brianr@mvp.net