re:TR4 Heater question.

To: Carl <CarlSereda@aol.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re:TR4 Heater question.
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 11:23:37 -0400
Carl,
you ask a great question.  I had the same quetion.
There is not a goos seal between the flap and the box.  A large
gap is present.  I doubt (on mine at least) that any "thin" seal
would have done anything.  Mine has no stop to prevent closure
too far.

I "fixed" mine with 1.25" foam weatherstrip tape.  The picture
on the package made it look like it was for sealing camper tops
on pickups.  I ran the foam around the perimeter of the flap
so it presses the foam against the edge of the box when closed.  It
also prevents the lid from closing too far.  The foam is on the side of the
flap facing the floor and hangs over the edge of the lid by 1/4 or 1/3 inch.
Works great.  Looks bad, but who sees it?
-Tony

Message text written by INTERNET:triumphs-owner@autox.team.net
>From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Subject: TR4 heater question

Hi List
In dismantling my heater I have come up with a question. The bottom flap
panel that diverts the hot air to the floor or to the demisters has a little
hole in the corner of it-could it be for a littel rubber stop bumper? Also
was the diverter panel covered in felt or foam to seal the gaps around the
edges?... I found a big mouse house in the fan area on top of the core and
besides my chewed up rug in there they surely would have loved to take off
the felt if there was some on that panel.
So again is the 'diverter flap' covered with felt or foam and is it supposed
to have  a little 'rubber bumper' in the hole on corner of that panel?
Carl
<