Re: Happy 40th Anniversary, Zobo/Herald!

To: "Andrew R. Lindberg" <andylindberg@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Happy 40th Anniversary, Zobo/Herald!
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 23:21:23 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Scions of the Spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>, Vintage Triumph Register general list <vtr@autox.team.net>
On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Andrew R. Lindberg wrote:

> Two questions:
>
> 1.  Will  we see Joseph at the VTR convention in Portland?
>
> 2.  If so, will Joseph arrive under his own power or will you tow him behind
> your Triumph bicycle?

My original thought/dream was to drive Joseph with the Triumph bicycle
either on a "period" roof rack or otherwise on or in the car. Of late,
though, a combination of minor health setbacks and the realization that
frame repair will be rather more extensive that previously though
probably means that the mighty single-carb 948cc "Personal Export
Delivery" Herald saloon will NOT see the Vacationland state of Maine.

I'm more than a bit disappointed, of course, but I'm trying to be
realistic about it all. There's under three months' time before the
Convention. Current indications are that the body probably should come off
the chassis in order to make the proper, lasting repairs needed. Frankly,
that rather forces the issue of a full restoration (which the car could
stand but which I'd hoped to put off).

We'll see. Once my bodyman takes a close look at the car, we'll know for
certain whether or not a proper repair can be made without separating
body and chassis.

Bottom line: about a 10% chance at this point. :-(

--Andy

p.s. Wonder if I should consider bringing the Hardly Boys RaceSpit 4 as
an alternative?