Happy 40th Anniversary, Zobo/Herald!

To: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Scions of the Spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>, Vintage Triumph Register general list <vtr@autox.team.net>
Subject: Happy 40th Anniversary, Zobo/Herald!
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 12:25:43 -0400 (EDT)
Yes, 22 April 1959 was the date on which the Triumph Herald made its
public debut to the world. 40 years ago! Hardly seems possible. So, those
of you with Heralds -- or the derivative Vitesse/Sports 6, Spitfire or GT6
-- or successors 1300/1500/Toledo/etc. -- or even those of you with
TR250s, TR5s or TR6s or Barb/Innsbruck sedans whose engine is derived from
that same four-cylinder Herald engine and whose styling (save for the
TR6) came from the same genius Michelotti -- hoist a favorite beverage in
toast to your car.

Me? I plan to grab a Sam Adams Cream Stout, then go pat each of my Heralds
(and other Triumphs) on the nose this evening after work! Maybe I'll even
jump-start Joseph, the amazing multi-color 948 sedan, and let him run
for a few minutes. It's been awhile now....

Oh, and Happy Earth Day as well (thinking back to that first Earth Day in
1970, when dad let me borrow his Herald to attend some Earth Day-related
programs at a local college -- only three weeks after I'd nearly totaled
my own Herald)!

--Andy