Re: TR4 Wiring Question

To: sanborn@net1plus.com
Subject: Re: TR4 Wiring Question
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 21:57:27 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

<< It is behind the dash.  At the first branch going right to left.... this
 goes to the gauge cluster and the plinth.....  The wire is a black ground
 wire that is a continuous loop with 2 circle connectors on it. It is in the
 lower bundle for the plinth.  But there is no obvious place to connect it.
 Back in November I thought it was so obvious I didn't tag it like
 everything else... now I can't remember.

 Anybody know the place to hook up these two connectors..... or if your are
 still nimble can you peek under the dash and follow the black loop.

 TIA

 Brian Sanborn
 62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA >>

Hey Brian,
I recently replaced the wire harness in my TR4 and the wire you refer to
seems to be a ground wire for the gauges. If the gauge bodies aren't grounded
the lights inside won't work. The hoops go on the threaded studs on the back
of the gauges under the little knurled nuts. If you don't have a wood dash
you may not need these...

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B