TR3 - Chain tensioner stud

To: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 - Chain tensioner stud
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:11:50 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Scions,

The saga continues.

The front engine plate I obtained for my TR3 engine rebuild (TR4 block)
didn't have a timing chain tensioner stud, so I bought one from Moss.  The
threaded section (into the engine plate) is too long, sticks out the back
and will interfere with the block.  The back of the stud has a conical
depression in the center.  I believe the original studs were peened over,
hence the concial depression, but this is something I can't do well at home.

What do y'all think of grinding it to length and loctiting it in place?

Jack Brooks
TS69032L
Hillsdale, NJ
My car show: http://pages.hotbot.com/family/triumph