TR4 Motor and Transmission

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Motor and Transmission
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 06:36:30 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
List -

While looking for some spitfire parts at a local (south-central Indiana)
scrap yard, I ran across a TR4.  The motor and transmission appear to be
complete and intact.  The engine number is CT32397.  What's left of the car
has a commission number of 31946CT.  The engine, although dirty appears to
be very complete and in remarkable good shape.  It even has a Lucas coil and
those funny plug wires.   He said it runs.  I have no idea how he would
know.   It is NOT frozen up, as I can turn it back and forth by hand.  The
Transmission goes in and out of all the gears fine.  It has the "curved"
intake with twin Zenith Stromberg 175 CD carbs.   The only sheet metal that
is useable is the hood (bonnet).  It is actually in good shape except for a
slight "bend"  at the passenger side near the windshield.  It is not
creased, just bent up about 2" and could be very easily fixed.  No rust
except for some surface.  There is absolutely no other body/interior part
that is worth anything.  The salvage yard said that I could have the engine
and tranny for $195.00  I could most likely talk him down a little (I have
before) or get him to throw in the hood (bonnet).   I was looking at this
for another lister, but it was not exactly what he was looking for, so he
passed.  I have no idea if this is a good or bad price, but I hate to see TR
parts get crushed, especially good ones.  Write me back off list at
millerb@netusa1.net if anyone else is interested.  I am willing to pull the
motor for you or give you the scrapyard phone number and the name of the guy
I talked to.

Bill Miller