TR250 turn signals

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR250 turn signals
From: Roger Elliott <relliott@cjnetworks.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 00:49:46 -0500
My girlfriend is having trouble with the turn signals on her 250.  They
won't cancel.  She took the switch out and examined it.  The switch will
work if the canceling levers are tripped by hand.  The problem seems to
be that they don't make contact with the ridge on the steering column.

We noticed that the mounting holes are oval, so we remounted the switch
as far in as possible, but they still aren't in far enough.  Is the
solution to make the holes more elongated to the switch can be mounted
closer? Or does she need to buy a new switch? Or is there a way of
adjusting them that we didn't see.

Thanks,

Roger Elliott