RE: Book titles for beginning a TR6 restoration needed

To: "'econrad'" <econrad@teal.csn.net>
Subject: RE: Book titles for beginning a TR6 restoration needed
From: Michael Morelli <mvmorel@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 15:59:22 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Eric,

I too am in the midst of a TR6 engine (and soon some body) rebuild.
I have found the following book quite useful for insights into
the engine portion of the adventure.

"Engine Builder's Handbook" by Tom Monroe, 1996, HPBooks, ISBN 1-55788-245-2
List price of $16.95

It covers generic push rod engines.  It is quite good at describing how to
diagnose performance problems before and during the tear-down.  Also covers
useful tools, etc.

Regards,

Mike Morelli
Seattle