Need Spitfire MK3 Top info & Pics

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Need Spitfire MK3 Top info & Pics
From: Lenny Seidman <lseidman@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 11:30:12 -0400
I'm working on a 1970 Spitfire MK III and I'm having some trouble
getting the top bows/softtop to fold down behind the seats. I have oiled
all the"joints" and have been able to push in down into the rear  of the
interior but it is still stiff.

I'm not even sure if the car has the correct top bows or softtop on it.
The soft top is in bad shape and I have an AMCO replacement (MK III) for
it.

The commissiuon number of the Spitfire is: FDU91128L

Does anyone have pictures from the owners manual on how to fold the top
bows/softop down?

Or pictures from a parts manual showing the correct top bows?

Also I have a top bow cover that snaps on around the rear of the cockpit
but it doesn't seem look/fit correct. Any help on identifying the
correct one would also ne helpful.

The car has GT6 MkI seats in it. I know the MKIII seats had headrests.
Can anyone tell me if a MK I or II tonneau cover will work on my MK III

If you could scan and email I would really appreciate it. I'm working in
the dark here as Spitfires are few and afr betrween in this part of the
woods let alone a MKIII.

The commissiuon number of the Spitfire is: FDU91128L

Thanks,

Lenny Seidman
--
Lenny Seidman