Re: "crazy" procedure for setting valve timing

To: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "crazy" procedure for setting valve timing
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 08:18:00 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Chris,

The "crazy procedure" is used when you are using brand new timing gears....
there are no marks to line up.... and there 4 ways to install the big gear
for 1/4 tooth adjustments.... and you must lineup the cam with the crank
for basic engine timing.

If you are rebuilding an engine with advanced  mileage you have to replace
the timing chain and gears.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA
sanborn@net1plus.com