Brighter brake lights

To: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brighter brake lights
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 18:35:15 -0700
Hi listers :

Jack Brooks asked about my brake lights & I didn't know the answer
off-hand.  Others might be interested, so here it is :

I use 2357 lamps instead of the normal 1157 lamps for my TR3A brake lights,
and 2357NA for front park/turn lights.  The 2357s are exact replacements,
but the bright (brake/turn) filament is 25% brighter than 1157.  This is a
very noticeable difference.  Although the rating is the same, the tail/park
filament looks a little brighter to me, too.
They only draw about 5% more power, so wiring and heat are not a concern as
with the halogen bulbs.
The only downside is shorter rated life (400 hours vs 1200 hours on the
brake/turn filament), but my experience has been that GE 2357s will outlast
Sylvania 1157s.  I don't keep my foot on the brake that much anyway !

I paid $2.50 for two 2357, $4.00 for two 2357NA last time I bought them.
 You can find them in almost any auto parts store (AutoZone, Kragen, Pep
Boys all have them), although the GE brand is a bit harder to find.  I
suspect the wholesale price on the GE bulbs is higher, but I feel they are
worth it !  IMO any brand is better than Sylvania <g>

Randall