TR6 Rocker cover problem

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Rocker cover problem
From: Cameron Greig <cameron@enterprise.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 99 16:25:05 +0100
Hi All

My 71 home market 6 is giving me a problem at present.The car is a 150bhp
model fitted with a stage two head,6 branch manifold,2.25in straight
through full flow exhaust system and triple webers.The oil pressure is
90lb cold dropping to 65lb at idle hot.The head has its own oil
supply.The problem is that the engine is blowing oil out through the pin
hole in the rocker cap.The rocker cover is one of racetoration alloy
once,and has a breather on the back right hand side.A present a tube
extends from the breather down along the side of the gearbox and runs
along the chassis.The pipe must be 3feet long.Obviously I have checked
the pipe for a blockage,but am now wondering if the tube is to long and
not allowing the rocker to breath properly.
Any comments ?

Thanks
Cameron