TR6 factory hardtop question

To: TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 factory hardtop question
From: Tim Gaines <mtgaines@cs1.presby.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 10:19:46 -0500
I called a guy last night about a classified ad he placed for a TR6
factory hardtop he has for sale.  He describes it as being in good
shape with no rust (stored in a shed for several years) but no
headliner.  He is asking $400.  I heard the price before I heard the
bit about the headliner, and I was thinking this was a pretty good deal.
But now I don't know.  Just how much money (or effort) does it cost
to replace a headliner?  I'll probably offer less than $400, but how
much less would be fair?

Tim Gaines
1980 Spitfire
1974 TR6