TR6 - Electrical Questions

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 - Electrical Questions
From: Andrew Miller <amiller@JetForm.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 07:55:32 -0400

Listers, (or should I direct this question directly to Dan Masters ?)

Two questions wrt 1975 TR6

1.      I need a 'constant' live 12v connection to power the clock/tuning
memory on the AM/FM Cassette.  Which wire carries constant power easily
accessible from the passenger side footwell on a LHD car ?  (then again,
since the steering wheel is off and the seats are out the drivers side is
also easily accessible !)

2.      On the way home the other night I had to remind a minivan that there
are other cars in other lanes.  The stock horn sounds more like "ahem, I
hate to interrupt but if it's not too much trouble would mind terribly if
you checked your blind spot sometime during your lane change ?"  so I bought
a FIAM air horn set "Yo, check your blind spot BEFORE attempting lane
change"

        My question:  I would like to wire the FIAM compressor/horns in
parallel to the existing set with a switch on the FIAM circuit.  This way I
could turn the FIAMs off and use the horn button on the wheel to sound an
alert through the standard set (i.e. in my neighbourhood, polite reminders
etc),  if no response I could turn the FIAM circuit live and sound a second
alert using the air horns (i.e. travelling on a highway with 18-wheeler
sound interference)

        Has anyone done this ? or have I been sniffing too many solder/rosin
fumes during the wiring harness repair ?

Andrew
1975 TR6
1978 Spitfire 1500