Re[2]: Need wiring harness info

To: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re[2]: Need wiring harness info
From: "Ross Vincenti" <RVincenti@lbfc.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 16:03 -0800
     Brad - Hmmm, help me here.  Why would there need to be an additional
     wire?  After all, 12 volts is 12 volts, whether fed to an electric
     motor by one wire or two.  Wouldn't the speed govenor be built into
     the wiper motor itself?  If you think about it, all you get is 12
     volts at the motor.  The only way to create a variable speed motor or
     a 2 speed motor is to have a reostat switch or a resistor of some sort
     that operates to allow a full 12 volts or a lesser amount to make the
     motor run slower.  If a reostate, then it is infinitely variable, if a
     2 speed switch, then a resistor would work (I think).

     Caveat - I am not an electrical engineer, nor am I even half certain
     that I know what the H_ll I am talking about.  These are just random
     thoughts.  Regards,

     Ross