Driveshaft removed!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Driveshaft removed!
From: Eric Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 19:59:24 -0100

Fellow Triumphists!

Thanks to the list, two large screwdrivers and some carefully applied
force, I have now successfully removed my Spit's driveshaft/propshaft. It
wasn't easy - lying under the car, I had to use quite a bit of force to
move the engine/gearbox forward, so I could pull the rear flange downwards.
I can hardly type this message with my badly skinned knuckles, but it's out
and I'm happy. I'll have the shaft balanced ASAP and attempt to reinstall it.

Thanks to Bill Davies and Joe Curry for helping me.

And Joe: thanks for reminding me. I previously had problems with the script
for adding to your excellent Spitfire database. But it worked fine today.

Eric Kieboom
The Netherlands
1976 Spit 1500 - Original Java Green.