Advice to the list

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Advice to the list
From: Mark Milotay <mark.milotay@onthemark.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 20:53:29 -0700
Fellow listers,

In my attempt to deal with fuel vapourisation caused by the exhaust
manifold, I tried wrapping it in ACE Hardware Self-Adhesive Insulating Pipe
Wrap. NOT A GOOD IDEA. This was an act of a desperate man, and the clouds
of noxious smoke were a sign of how desperate I was. Just because it claims
to be flame retardant does not mean that it can withstand the heat thrown
off by the down pipe. I had to let it sit and smoulder for 10 minutes after
parking the car, as it was too hot to pull off. I don't know if anyone else
on the list has had the same problem that I was trying to correct, but this
is definitely not the solution.

Keep the rubber side down,

Mark Milotay, Principal
On the Mark Software & Consulting