Re: should I? 87 mm?

To: CarlSereda@aol.com
Subject: Re: should I? 87 mm?
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 21:11:34 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

<< Anyone have compelling reasons not to upgrade to 87mm piston/liner set.
I've
 got my engine broken down and was planning to bore all my liners and install
 .020 oversize pistons as the cheapest way to fix the ruined pistons (from
 seeping head gasket). But wonder if it's smarter to get the whole setup new
 and get the 10 extra horsepower - and do I have to install richer Stromberg
 needles?
 Carl
 '64 TR4 since '74 (25 years since my first total overhaul)

Carl
Don't think it really matters that much. I doubt you would notice the extra
cc's. Whatever is easier/cheaper/ or whatever you prefer. One note: I have
heard of some of the new liners being a little off. You get something other
than the .004" the liners are supposed to be proud of the block.
Don't think the carbs would have to disturbed at all. Besides being retuned.
A larger displacement shouldn't require a richer mixture.
Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4