Sparkplugs and Velcro

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Sparkplugs and Velcro
From: SHOMWAY@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 13:33:21 EDT
I got two questions perhaps you guys can help me with:

#1 I read a while ago about sparkplugs for later TR6s(mines a 76) that the
Champion N12Ys were good for this model because of the pollution controls,
rather than the N9Ys that are recommended for this model year. Does anyone
remember this discussion and if so did i read it right and would the gap be
the same?
#2 Im replacing my convertible top on my car with one from Tickford( i hope i
did the right thing) and the velcro has seperated itself from the top frame
along the top and sides of the frame but is still in great shape otherwise. I
noticed in one small area on the frame where it appears that there was a thin
layer of foam padding under this velcro. Is this correct and if so does
anyone know the thickness of this and where it could be obtained and what
would be a good adhesive to secure both this foam and the velcro back on to
the frame?
Thanks for any and all help.

Gordie Swart
76 TR6