TR3 - grease seal - front suspension

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 - grease seal - front suspension
From: Robert Dowdy <ABCDOWDY-METU@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 11:17:31 -0700
Thanks to the list for their help in the past, reading the list has not
only helped with my restoration question but with the motivation to
start to finish something I started almost 30 years ago and that is to
get my TR3 back on the road.
My question is this, last fall I completed a front suspension make over
new bushings, seal, etc.  Because of work and family commitments I
haven't been able to do any work on the car until this weekend, when
inspecting my work from last fall I noticed that all of the grease seals
had broken, has anyone else experienced this, is there something that
can be done to stop this from happening, or does someone know of a
source for seal that don't break as these do.  Thanks in advance for any
input or suggestions.