TR6 and Pertronix

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 and Pertronix
From: Jonathan Beaudoin <jbdoin@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 10:14:18 -0400
First of all,    Thanks to everybody who responded to my question
concerning the electronic ignition. I have installed it and read the
post concerning the stromberg adjustment. The car is running very
smooth. After 2 years I finally putted back the vacuum retard... I did
had a lot of trouble with this.. My next question is concerning the
Pertronix itself: I  have a Lucas sport coil, the gap of my plugs was at
.035. After installing the device, timing, tuning carbs,... The car ran
smoothly but when starting it would skip a bit. I regapped the plugs at
.025 and now it's ok but the power is not as it was. My question is the
screw with the slot on the plate of the ignitor give the possibility of
adjusting space between the grommet on the shaft and the device. It is
not mentioned in the installation instruction. What is the gap between
the 2 things? Could it be the reason why I could not set the plugs at
.035?

Jonathan