Re: TR4_@%*£">#_surrey_softop

To: pgillis@cosmedia.ie
Subject: Re: TR4_@%*£">#_surrey_softop
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 17:22:08 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 15-Apr-99 06:56:45 Eastern Daylight Time,
pgillis@cosmedia.ie writes:

> Does any one else have to use KY jelly, a rubber mallet, a chisel
>  four ambidexterous contortionists and a rivet gun to get the leading
>  edge of the soft top to fit under the rail?
>  I am not sure if the rail is closed in on the windscreen and as such
>  I am reluctant to prise it too high. I would be interested just to hear
>  how difficult others find this task.

Peter, never had a problem.  I hope that you are putting the front of the
hood into the windscreen capping FIRST and then attaching the rest.

If so, it appears to me that 1) the capping has been bent or 2) the steel
pieces and the vinyl are too thick.  If 2 do you have a new top (hood)?
Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner)