Re: TR4 @%*£"># surrey softop

To: Peter Gillis <pgillis@cosmedia.ie>
Subject: Re: TR4 @%*£"># surrey softop
From: Brian Johnson <b.johnson@diamond.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 18:20:08 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Peter

How exactly do you fit the surrey soft top top ?  I guess the fittings
at the front are the same as on a hood (sorry is that a top ?)  I do
sometimes have problems with mine (I have to admit to using it once per
year) but I have found that if the front is fitted first, and you
squeeze the rail in with you hands fairly hard, then it doesn't come
out.   Of course I have never really known the clearance that is needed
on the front aluminium pressing - Does anyone in the list know ?   I
removed mine when dismantling the car, and just pop riveted it back in
place when putting it back together -  maybe there is a clearance factor
there !

--
Cheers
Brian Johnson  (UK)