Re: Dealing with Rimmer Brothers

To: "Kirby T. Kenyon" <ktkenyon@borg.com>
Subject: Re: Dealing with Rimmer Brothers
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 08:28:06 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Kirby T. Kenyon wrote:

> I bought from Rimmer last year.  UPS charged the duty for the import and
> sent me a separate bill.  I was unaware of the duty until that time.  Duty
> was based on price and item descriptions, about 3% on the average.

A while back I went out looking (not too hard) for the specifics of
importing and exporting car parts and got a bit skunked.

Anyone know for sure?  I was under the impression that parts for anything
30 years old or more qualified as Antique Car Parts and were thus duty
free.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm