Bill Wood Update

To: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Bill Wood Update
From: joe worsley <worsley@YadTel.Net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 10:33:56 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Here's the latest on Bill

I went to see Bill yesterday and he looks a lot better but still in
intensive care.  they had taken him off the ventilator but put him back on
as his blood gasses got a little out of balance.  He had good blood
pressure and a lot of the swelling had gone down.  they may not have to
operate on him as they think his bones are healing ok as he is.  He is
still in traction and can't move so they have healed quite abit after
almost five weeks.  He had been able to wisper a little when the ventilator
was taken out but can't do that anymore with it back in.  He is able to
understand conversation and nod is head in response but I don't think he is
up to that very much.  He indicated that he doesn't have much pain now so
that is good.  No indication as to when he will get out of intensive care.
I guess whenever he is able to breath ok on his own and doesn't have any
fever which is a indication of infections and another reason they didn't
want to operate for fear of bone infection which would be pretty bad.

His brother and sister in-law were ther and were able to tell me a little
more about his condition.  His pelvis was broken in six places and was
broken on both sides.  He also had two broken arms and elbows.  I
understand they have put a rod in one leg to hold things in place.  He was
in extreme critical condition when brought in and ther was a survivability
question so I quess he is very fortunate to even be here.

I'll update the list again in about a week unless there is a change.

Some of you may not know Bill and wonder what this is all about.  Bill is
one of the most dedicated Triumph owners around.  He has three TR8's and a
Tr6 two in concourse condition and national 1st. place winners and is in
the process of restoring another.  You couldn't find a better guy to know.

He fell from about 40' up on a lift unit about five weeks ago while
chnaging light bulbs in his church.  So I'm sure he could use any extra
prayers for him you might have.

Joe Worsley
80 TR8
72 TR6