RE: Trim Ring Color-TR6

To: "'Tom Di Iulio'" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: RE: Trim Ring Color-TR6
From: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 08:44:19 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
TR6 rings - painted?

I also have a '76 which is 99.9% original and my trim rings are not
painted, they just have a polished aluminum finish.  I can't understand
how your rings got painted (DPO?).  The stainless rings are a good
substitute and may look better than original - but are not original.
One of the big 3 told me this past winter that they had a line on a
manufacturer that was going to supply aluminum rings - you may want to
follow up on that if you want originality.