Re: TR2 windscreen frame Q 2

To: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Subject: Re: TR2 windscreen frame Q 2
From: Alex van Zanten <A.van.Zanten@inter.nl.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 22:03:18 +0200
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
John,

you need to use solid material. Brass and alumunium are to soft. Substantial
tention on the screws is possible and the threads might be easily ruined.
With regards to the tenex, the indeed screw in to the frame. New ones are to
long and will indeed damage the glass. So before fitting the glass, fit the
tenex first and cut off the thread carefully on the inside of the frame (my
hand is very shaky, so a friend of my did this for me). If you re-chrome your
frame beware of possible damage when fitting the tenex. The holes get filled up
a little with chome and new tennex tend to be to large towards the base of the
tread, resulting in cracking of the newly applied chrome.
Hope this helps you in anyway.

Alex van Zanten
'58 TR3a, TS38168L
The Netherlands