front speaker enclosures

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: front speaker enclosures
From: kehrlich@dyax.com (Keith S. Ehrlich)
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 10:18:26 -0400
>  I think some type of back side enclosure for the front speakers
> might improve this situation. Just haven't gotten around to fabricating
> something to try out.

I was advised by my local auto stereo shop to try using (empty) plastic
margarine containers as backers for the front 4 inch speakers to improve
bass response and reduce thinning. I've started experimenting and have
found that I will need to slice off a piece of the lower part of the
container to make a fit against the tranny tunnel. Not all the
containers or speakers are the same size so you will need to consume a
lot of margarine to get it right, unless maybe it can be used for
trunion lube.

On the other hand I am running Monzas so who am I trying to kid here?

Keith Ehrlich
74 TR6