Oil Pressure

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Pressure
From: rtriplett@bjservices.com
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 11:26:53 -0500
Greetings fellow listers, I'm back from my self-imposed exile to Houston for a
week and one day (equal to a year in Sing Sing) as punishment for my recent
altercation (lightnen up, I'm only kidding, I like Houston and the weather was
great...If only they could do something about the traffic there).  Anyway, I
recently changed my conventional 20-50 oil for the first time after recently
rebuilding my TR3 engine and, for the first time, used a synthetic blend
(Castrol 20W-50).  Now, my oil pressure holds 70+ lbs at road speed, and falls
to about 50PSI at warm idle where previously it had dropped to 60psi at 2000 rpm
and 40 at idle.  My question; is this a result of the viscosity holding up
better under heat or what?
Regards,
Richard P-A