RE: Wind blocking devices...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Wind blocking devices...
From: "Lars G. Johnsen" <lars.johnsen@lili.uib.no>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 10:14:21 +0000

> Since I've got a roll bar in the TR6, I've often thought of fashioning a
> similar device, made from plexiglas, (transparent) that would occupy the
> space within the hoop of the roll bar.

A simple solution is to buy nylon stockings for women - its cheap and it
works! I tried it with the largest possible - designed for pregnant
women - and it wraps around the rollbar. The legs of the stocking can be
cut away, or tie them to the bottom of the rollbar. However, people may
think its a road trophy :)

It works best with some luggage in the back. This will push up the hood
a bit so it meets the edge of the stocking, thus blocking the gap
between it and the hood (or hood cover).

The stockings will let some air through. With a solid screen like
plexiglass the turbulense may actually get worse (???).

Best,

Lars G. Johnsen
74 TR6 (with rollbar)