Re: Help: TR3A control head removal

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help: TR3A control head removal
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 17:11:07 -0400
George Hahn wrote:

> Musson, Carl wrote:
> >
> > Brian et al,
> > When you are getting it back together, before the shaft is re-installed feed
> > a string down the shaft.
>
> Or easier still, tie a string (or use 12 or 14 gauge wire) to the whole
> dingus before you pull it back and out, then your "fish" wire is already
> in place in the shaft when you're ready to reassemble.
>
> Geo Hahn
> 59 TR3A

That is generally the process I meant when I was referring to the coathanger
wire
(trying not to confuse by saying just wire which could be misconstrued to mean
the
electrical wires in the tube).  I've tried the string technique but find that
somtimes
the connectors want to cock sideways and won't slide easily through with just
the
string.  I usually make a loop in the coathanger wire and hook the electrical
wires
then wrap the joint with tape to keep the bundle tight together to slide easily
through the steering box.

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505              http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars